MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -The threat for heavy rain and storms continues as yet another strong, low pressure will make its way to the Mid-South overnight. It will bring the threat of heavy rain and strong thunderstorms beginning in the very early morning hours on Thursday. The Storm Prediction Center has placed a SLIGHT Risk of severe storms over the entire Mid-South.
- Heavy rain and storms will be approaching the Mississippi River by 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Any storms that develop will have the potential to reach severe limits.
- Periods of heavy rain and embedded thunderstorms will continue on and off until 10 p.m.
- Heavy rain that could produce flash flooding will be a concern. Current data shows rainfall amount of 1 to 3 inches possible with this system.
- Damaging wind-sustained winds of 15 to 25 MPH will accompany this system with gusts of 40 to 50+ possible which could lead to some power outages.
- Hail & a brief tornado are not big threats but can’t be ruled out
Stay weather aware Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon. Have a way to receive weather watches and warnings. If you have a weather radio make sure it is turned ON. Have the WMC Action News 5 First Alert Weather app on your smart phone or iPad. Stay tuned to WMC Action News 5 and the First Alert Weather Team for further updates...