Here’s a breakdown of businesses that can open under phase 1 of Shelby County’s Back-to-Business plan
Most notably, restaurants and retail stores can open their doors to customers for the first time in weeks, though some are choosing to stick with curbside pickup for the time being.
Shelby County Mayor Lee Harris said Monday barbershops and hair salons are now part of phase one -- a change to the plan after two municipalities announced last week they could reopen this week. They can begin opening Wednesday.
Here’s what phase one means for residents and businesses in Shelby County.
No purposeful groups of more than 10. Adherence to social distancing.
- Civic facilities (libraries, etc.)
- Places of worship
- Health care
- Restaurants and bars
- Grocery stores
- Hardware stores
- Retail stores and commercial businesses
- Offices/call centers
- Non-contact sports facilities (golf courses, tennis courts, etc.)
- Contact sports facilities (basketball courts, baseball fields, etc.)
- Gyms/fitness facilities
- Car washes
- Personal appearance businesses (hair, nail salons, spas, etc.)
- Entertainment/performance venues (theaters, auditoriums, sports arenas)
- Recreation facilities (bowling alleys, indoor climbing, arcades, trampoline parks)
- Festivals, parades, races and similar public/community events
- Child care
Copyright 2020 WMC. All rights reserved.