MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - The ice storm caused slick conditions on Mid-South roads Thursday morning.
Memphis police said officers responded to nearly 30 crashes between 4 and 10 a.m.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is reporting set, slushy and sometimes icy roads across west Tennessee.
Here’s a list of some of the traffic issues across the Mid-South.
- Crash reported on northbound I-55 near Mallory Avenue
- Lights out near Mt. Moriah Road near Quince Road
- Light out near Poplar Avenue and Massey Road
- Tree down on powerline near Covington Pike near Egypt Central Road
- Crash reported at I-240 near 385 and Mt. Moriah
- Multi-vehicle crash reported on I-240 northbound South Parkway, mile marker 28.6
- Wreck reported on I-40 flyover near I-240 and Sam Cooper
- Crash reported at I-40 at Warford
- Roads in Fayette Co. slushy north of Highway 64.
- Low hanging limbs near Fayette Co. roadways
- I-40 eastbound near Chamber Chapel road crash reported. Two lanes blocked.
- Whitter Road and Elliott Road crash reported.
- Sam Cooper and I-240. Multi-vehicle crash reported in the area. One lane blocked.
- Bridge at Jackson Avenue and Townes beginning to ice over. Police blocking road.
- MPD blocking A.W. Willis bridge that crosses into Mud Island due to icy conditions.
- Jackson Avenue and I-240, Accident was reported in the area.
- Crash reported on northbound I-55 near Stateline Road
- Ice on bridges in Quitman, Coahoma, Tunica, DeSoto, and Marshall Counties
- I-69, I-55, and I-269 have icy spots
- Church Road between Horn Lake Road and Tulane Road closed due to power lines down.
- Part of I-40 iced over
- Green River Road bridges iced over.
- I-69 near I-55 iced over.
- W. Commerce between Highway 301 and Fogg
- Miller Road is not accessible at the time.
- Baldwin Road iced over near I-69
- I-69 near Highway 3
- I-69 over railroad tracked near Lakeside Road
- Eastbound and westbound I-269 between I-55 and Highway 78
- I-69 near Fogg
- Northbound I-66 north of northbound rest area
- I-69 near Blud Lake Drive
- Ice reported on bridges southbound I-55 between MS 302 and Chruch Road.
- Highway 61 and Lakeside covered in ice in DeSoto County.
- I-69 from Highway 61 to Highway 301 is covered in ice in DeSoto County.
- I-55 northbound is closed near Highway 14
- I-40 near exit 241
- I-40 near exit 239
- Crash reported on I-40 eastbound near mile marker 267.9 in West Memphis.
We’re updating this story as we get new information. Check back for updates.